Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Mia's Magical Fairy Garden!


So throughout the year we've been transforming the garden in to a toddler friendly space for Mia to play as she loves the outdoors as well as having somewhere for us adults to relax.

Having spent hours looking through ideas on Pinterest I came across some beautiful fairy gardens and thought I'd create my own!

What I used: 10 Lollypop or Craft Sticks
1 Wooden ball for the doorknob
Heart to decorate the door
All purchased from Hobbycraft

 Using a hot glue gun I stuck the sticks together as shown above and then covered in PVA glue to seal.
Then I painted the door in the same paint as I had used on Mia's Wendy House, Cuprinol Shades in "Sweet Pea"
Top Tip: I nailed the door to the tree where I wanted the heart decoration - Nail it first then cover the nail with the heart!

The Toadstool was handmade and purchased from a local garden centre, we have 3 different sizes scattered around Mia's space. We have put down some "Flower Magic" by Miracle Grow in pink which if it works should look awesome and create perfect fairy flowers! Updates to follow.


For updates and more photos follow me
x

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I went to an event at the weekend and a crafty lady had a stall where she was selling little flower gardens in pots and also little fairy houses. I fell completely in love with them but had no money on me at the time! I love your homemade idea more - much more personal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the little gardens in pots but wanted something a bit bigger for my toddler. Look forward to making some of the miniature gardens when she's a bit older! :) x

    ReplyDelete