Monday, 9 February 2015

Valentine Toddler Crafts

Salt Dough Valentine Gifts

First up Mia's gift to her Daddy...



Okay, so I'd seen a similar idea done and having done salt dough hand prints for Christmas I thought we'd give this a go! It was much harder than I thought. Mainly down to the fact Mia is 2 and so her feet together made the heart bigger than I'd first thought. However we got there together, made lots of mess together but happy with the end result for Daddy.
She loved making the dough and we rolled it out together but her favourite part was making her print! We did this at least 5/6 times before we got to this result. She was also able to paint the hearts below, again lots of mess which she loved.

We had lots of dough left over so we decided to do some gifts for the family. Next year I'll be able to do Jack/Father Valentine with Mia (Google it if you don't know what this is) so this is my little spin on it until she is old enough to participate.


My Salt Dough Recipe: 
1 Cup of Plain Flour
1 Cup of Salt
1/2 Cup of Water
Add in some Food Colouring to make the marble effect

To Decorate ~ Acyclic Paint
A Fine Black Permanent Marker
Clear Nail Varnish



Happy Valentines 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment