Thursday, 7 January 2016

The Peanuts Movie Storybook ~ Review


Snoopy and Charlie Brown


Mia recently discovered Charlie Brown when she got a Charlie Brown happy meal toy and it quickly became a favourite...I know, all those Christmas toys and she plays with a Mcdonalds toy. Anyway, since then, she has been asking who he is and "what's his story?" So when we were asked if we would like to review the new Snoopy and Charlie Brown book it seemed like the perfect timing.

The book, The Peanuts Movie, goes along side the new movie which is currently in the cinema now. With the madness of Christmas we haven't got round to seeing it yet, but since the book has been a big hit with Mia we are planning on going in the next couple of weeks.


I love that this has come back around because I loved Snoopy when I was a child so I'm excited to share this with Mia. As soon as she sees a new book we have to read it straight away and this one was no exception. The illustrations are beautiful and instantly took me back to my childhood, although they seem much more colourful than I remember.


As far as the story goes,

there's a new kid at school, a beautiful red-headed girl and guess who has fallen for her! The story is an adventure about how Charlie Brown will impress the little Red-Headed girl, with a little bit of help from ol Snoopy dog. Of course things don't go quite to plan but all is well in the end. It's a really sweet little story with a heart-warming message and had us both smiling throughout.


We were kindly given the book in order to be able to write this review. All opinions are my own.
Family Fever
MamaMummyMum

3 comments:

  1. I used to love Snoopy when I was younger, I love that our kids get to experience the same things, thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the illustarions and a story that has lasted the test of time, I'm sure it wil be good. #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  3. We reviewed this book a while back and LP loved it. Glad you enjoyed it. :)
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete